I'm carb cycling the proper way this time.
Before, on high carb days, I would have at most two slices of Ezekiel sprouted grains bread and an oatmeal.
On "low" carb days, I would have none, on medium, maybe one.
So, yeah, pretty much doing it wrong. So today is a high day, and boom sauce:
I found the generic brand of whole wheat pasta and 1 cup dry is about 210 calories. Not bad at all! It could be worst, but when you're carb cycling, you do what you do. I normally portion out my chicken so I know the calories, but I didn't this time around, which reminds me to buy a food scale. But anyway, this is 1 chicken breast sliced thinly, which according my approximations will be 100-150 caloreis. Plus the tomatoes, I have no clue, plus a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Sun Dried Tomato cheese, 35 calories, this meal couldn't have been more than 400-450 calories. Which isn't bad at all! My meals on my low/no carb days are around 300 calories each, fluctuating my calories daily won't hurt [its like carb cycling meets calorie zig-zagging] because I know I'm staying active and my body needs the fuel. If you can't tell, this is me rationalizing my carb intake, I hardly eat carbs and I'm feeling "guilty." Anyway, I loaded that up with some peppers [the ones you sprinkle on pizza] & also Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning. So spicy good.
For breakfast, I had oatmeal with blue berries, and greek yogurt with blue berries and a serving of almonds. I love almonds. I'll probably have a rice cracker with peanut butter later and for dinner. I'm not sure what I'm eating. Little carbs [I keep the majority of my carbs in the morning/early afternoon], but I have a ton of spinach and I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll buy a slice of salmon or something. I want some fish.
Training today calls for 3.5 miles, I'll do that in an hour or two when the food settles. After that run, its time to eat again! Amazing!
Also, I broke a weight plateau today! I know, its probably all food, and weight is NOT a good indicator of how well a job I'm doing, but its exciting none the less. Haha.174.9, 175 has been stuck on there for EVER. that .1 makes difference to me and makes me happy. Body composition is changing as well. F*CK YEH! I don't know how people don't like doing this whole eat right and be active thing. Its fun!
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment