Tuesday, January 31, 2012

P90x Chest & Back

Today's schedule called for Chest & Back!

My favorite thing at the moment because I want to sculpt my back! Its freakin' hard but its worth it. Shoulders & arms were hard when I began, looking forward to making this my b!tch!

I was watching this last night:


Jamie Eason is awesome and she is a great motivation.  Anyway, its very informational and if you have 14 minutes to spare, watch it. Some things that stuck with me was:
  • simple carbs after working out
  • no high endurance [or whatever word she used] cardio
I like how she said that simple carbs post workout acts like a broom to sweep all the whey protein to the muscles.  The high endurance cardio, or whatever term she used, kinda scared me because I love running and I'm doing a lot of high mileage running. I'm upping my lean protein intake and be strict on my BCAAs as well. I hope it will help. I'm going to try to talk to her about it. I love how she is personable and a lot of people I've contacted have answered. I'm still looking for personal recommendations, but I have a feeling she knows what she is doing. 


In honor of post workout simple carbs, I had my first slice of white bread it what seems like years. Its probably years!

I also posted on FB [deleted it off FB, I'm kinda scared of posting too much workout stuff there, I link this blog on occasion, but not as often, because I don't want people to think I'm the fit & food police. I'm not, I just love to share life, & this happens to be a big part of mine right now] & Twitter about understanding why guys & girls who workout do it without a shirt. Haha. I was told that some reasons were a)it helps you be aware of what muscles you are working out [which is true, I was wearing a long sleeve and it got too hot. I workout from home, so I'm okay with being shirtless. A gym is another story] and b)it shows proper form which helps avoid injuries. It just cracks me up because I was like  "Shirtless? For a leg workout? You're just making up excuses!" Haha. But no really, the little ego boost, even if its just you in the house, can get you through the last 5 reps, or 20 minutes of a workout. 

You also notice the subtle differences. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but damn. Abs 2012 is going to be a fun one. I really want to make it happen, and it will happen! I'm not sure if the Tonalin CLA is helping. I'm sure it is. I didn't do ab ripper today but I'll do it tonight to hopefully knock me out. I haven't been sleeping well. I slept between 11:30-12 last night and woke up at 3:30, tried to go back to bed, knocked out for an hour and woke up at 7:30. Its just all bad. Probably not helping my recovery.

I'm also doing a "30 Day Challenge," which really is more for habit forming than just 30 days then back to same old, that someone on Tumblr [I'm not as active on Tumblr, I'll link it when I fix it up, meanwhile, if you have the smarts, you can find me there!] is hosting! Its going to be so much fun and should only help me!!! Whee!!!

Anyway, I also ran yesterday. Following the schedule, was half a mile short but I ran after work and was starving. I skipped 2 meals and I still had to grocery shop. So 3 miles as opposed to the 3.5 it called for. Its all good tho. I've been running 4 miles, so its okay.

As for grocery shopping:

Four bellpeppers, thinly sliced chicken breast, oranges [for the house, I hardly eat fruits, except berries] berries, cherry tomatoes, whole wheat pasta [learning to carb up for reals, not just 2 slices of Ezekiel bread on high carb days], rice crackers, gum, a salad [I was hungry!], greek yogurt, tomato sauce, & almonds. The almonds I already divided to 19 pieces each, roughly 100 calories each. I love almonds. This should last me a week because apparently my parents are changing their eating habits too [yey!] and while this would last me a couple of weeks, sharing is caring. 

Time to go get cleaned up and go to work, after work, its work on design comps [I'm a free lance graphic designer as well]. Life is beautiful!

Have a strong day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment